How to listen to The City
It’s free to subscribe and download The City, no matter which app you’re using to listen.
Apple users: Chances are the Podcasts app (it’s purple) is already on your phone or tablet. If not, download it from the App Store, then search for “The City” and tap Subscribe.
Android users: Go to the Google Play store and download a podcast app. We recommend Spotify, Google Podcasts or Stitcher, but you can find us on other apps, too.
- In Spotify, you’ll want to search for “The City podcast” and tap Follow.
- In Google Podcasts, search “The City” and tap Subscribe.
- In Stitcher, search “The City” and tap the plus (+) sign to add us to your Favorites list.
Ok, now that I’ve got that part down, how can I share the show with my friends?
Hey, thanks! We really appreciate that (and you).
Leaving a review on Apple Podcasts and posting about The City on social media are two ways you can help other people find the show. And don’t be afraid to tag us on Instagram, Facebook + Twitter! We’re @thecitypod.
Other ways to spread the word:
- You can copy/paste this link to The City’s website in emails, texts, and social media posts.
- You can tap the Share button on whichever app you’re using to listen to the podcast.
New to podcasts? Welcome!
Think of a podcast as a radio show you can listen to on-demand.
There are two ways to do it:
- You can listen online when connected to WiFi or using data. This is known as “streaming” (yes, just like with Netflix!).
- You can download, which means you’re saving the podcast to your phone, tablet or computer so you can listen to it whenever you want, even without WiFi. You will receive a notification when new episodes are available, and they will download to your device automatically — i.e. minimal effort, maximum reward.
Cool. So if I want to listen online, how do I do that?
You can do that right here on our website. Head to Episodes and click play.
What if I want to download?
You’ll need a podcast app! Scroll up to the top of this page for a list of some of the apps you can use.